West Virginia Public Energy Authority
West Virginia will maintain real-time, firsthand knowledge of the status of each power plant, its life cycle, and whether there are concerns of household power supplies being disrupted.
The West Virginia Public Authority (WVPEA) will also help coordinate the output of merchant plants with capacity needs of regulated plants. Additionally, the WVPEA will assist in developing the next generation of coal plants and long-term energy policies that use all of West Virginia’s resources.
Secretary Ed Gaunch, Department of Commerce (Chair)
Secretary Harold Ward, Department of Environmental Protection (Board Member)
Director Kris Warner, Economic Development Authority (Board Member)
Charles “Charlie” Burd (Board Member)
Nicholas S. Preservati (Board Member)
Jeffrey “Jeff” Allen (Board Member)
Jeff Herholdt (Board Member)
WEST VIRGINIA PUBLIC ENERGY AUTHORITY
June 22, 2022
10:00 AM – Noon
- Call to Order.
- Determine that a Quorum is present.
- Approval of minutes from May 25, 2022 meeting.
- Christian Beam; Appalachian Power President & Chief Operating Officer
- Jim Crews; Marathon Petroleum, V.P. NE Business Development, MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
- Kyle Mork; President & CEO; Greylock Energy
- Remarks by members.